Spring Frittata with Chive and Tarragon Sausage
This recipe can be easily adapted to use any ingredients that you have on hand or in your garden. I garnish it with chive or sage flowers, and micro greens that I have from thinning my lettuce and arugula.
- 6 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Creams
- 2 Tbls. fresh herbs (parsley, chive, chervil)
- 2/3 cups Goat cheese (or other cheese), crumbled or shredded
- 1 cup Asparagus, cooked and diced
- 1 cup Sauteed spinach and onion/shallot
- 1 cup SRC Chive and Tarragon Sausage, cooked and sliced
- to taste Salt and Pepper
- 1-2 Tbls. butter
1. If you will be using a single frying pan, preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Whisk together eggs, cream, and herbs.
3. Stir in your cooked asparagus, spinach, onion and sausage.
Note: You could use 2 cups of any cooked vegetables that you have on a hand (peas, carrots, potatoes, zucchini, peppers….)
4. In a non-stick frying pan/frittata pan big enough to fit the egg mixture melt 1 tbls. of butter on medium heat. Add the egg mixture. After a minute or so, slide a rubber spatula down the sides of the pan to loosen the edges and allow the uncooked egg to move to the bottom (don’t scramble). Do this a couple of times over about 5-6 minutes.
5. If you are using a single frying pan, transfer to the oven and continue cooking until the eggs are set in the middle (about 10 minutes or so)
If you are using a frittata pan, or 2 frying pans that are the same size, melt the remaining butter in the second pan, place pan on top of the one containing the fritatta and flip. Cook covered for about 3 minutes, then remove the the top frying pan and continue cooking for about 5 minutes or until eggs are set.
6. Carefully slide the frittata onto a plate and serve warm or at room temperature.
SOURCE: Smokey Ridge Charcuterie